Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome!


Vegetarianism is one of the most misunderstood of all diets. The diet leaves so much room for variety depending on your lifestyle and taste buds, that people are often overwhelmed by the diet and intimated by its one rule: no meat.

This blog provides direction for the newly meatless, as well as tips, recipes, and reinforcement for the veg-head veterans. I follow this diet for many reasons, but there are three specific issues that keep me at it whenever I falter, that will likely be discussed the most in this blog:
  • Health – You’d be amazed at the health benefits of a veggie diet. I’ll discuss some of them here.
  • Animal Welfare – Why should animals suffer, when I can live perfectly well off plant-based foods?
  • Environment – Not my most persuasive argument, but it still feels good to do my part.
I’ll also discuss some common fallacies and arguments against vegetarianism, to help carnivores understand where we’re coming from, even if I can’t persuade them. Also, a quick side-note: I hyperlink to all of my sources, so you don’t just have to take my word for it.

Feel free to browse around to see what posts interest you, and if you have any questions, suggestions, or awesome recipes, feel free to send them my way by leaving a comment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment